Friday, January 21, 2011

Mig Reyes on Teaching

"I'm not here to tell the students what I know. And they're not there to ask for my permission to do things. I'm there to help facilitate their own exploration, and to help them find working habits that jive best for them through each new assigned project. It's hard to 'teach' someone how to have passion and tenacity, so I'm there to give them problems to solve and encourage them to do it in the best way possible."

- Mig Reyes on being a teacher via Papermag
Read the rest of his interview here.

I think he put in words how a lot of professors/teachers think in the design field.

1 comment:

Mig Reyes said...

Thanks for sharing! I think it's really important for other teachers to understand what's going on in the industry, and how other teachers are reacting and delivering these experiences to their students. I also think the students should know that many teachers -do- in fact care!

Either way, feel free to check out my classroom blog setup for my design students. http://freshpupil.com

Cheers from Chicago!