Thursday, January 20, 2011

...and we are BACK!

I can't believe my last post is more than a year old, i guess it is time for a much deserved update and photos. So here we go.

Here is a little recap of last year, yes I have been teaching but it hasn't been exclusively packaging. My class has taken a new turn, which involves packaging but it's not limited to it. It has presented a new challenge that has been filled with exciting twists. The new class is called retail branding and had it's origin with an A & F (Abercormbie and Fitch) brief that Hank got his hands on. He called me, we squared out the details and off on my new adventure I went.

I started off by teaching two quarters of the Abercrombie and Fitch class, a class about staying within parameters and still being innovative. Students were tasked with designing a line of t-shirts, a brand book, a package and a presentation, for one of the Abercrombie brands (A & F, Gilly Hicks, a&e (kids) and Hollister). The whole class culminated with a presentation to A&F's recruiters, very different for a PC class, this made things real in a hurry. ( As a side note: I just have to mention, things a PC have a way of getting done when deadlines arise that is almost magical. I think this could be a post in itself.)

The results—2 students got hired the first go around and 1 the second. Congrats to all of them they showed smarts and determination, and it paid off.

Currently we are taking a break from an A & F focused class and exploring with different brands under the PACSUN umbrella.

Here are some photos from the past year.


Experimental shirts portraying students individual concept:























A & F Class 2, students showcasing experimental shirts.





Actual finished designs will be posted as I can get a hold of them.

No comments: